Labels

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Yarn Wreath


Yarn wreaths got me pretty excited last Christmas. I'd been wanting to do something cute but was a little afraid to try. A yarn wreath seemed totally do-able. And it was!


To start I a marked out on the wreath form with pen how large I wanted each segment to be. I tied the white yarn around it in a knot and then just started wrapping! You have to make sure to push the yarn together while you're wrapping so that it's tight against itself, otherwise it will look sloppy.

When I got to the end of the segment I cut the yarn with enough of a tail to tie it to the red yarn. Then just keep wrapping! I cut the tails off the yarn that I'd tied and tucked the extra yarn under the part I was wrapping over.


To make the pick lie flat my husband took an exacto knife and dug it a little niche to set in. I used Weld Bond to glue it in and then wrapped the yarn over it. When I got to the end I simply tied a knot in the back.


Voila! 

No comments:

Post a Comment